Mastering the Art of Funeral Home Etiquette (1CE)
Learn how to make a great impression on every phone call. This interactive course features video training by Lacy Robinson, NFDA Director of Member Development, is designed to help you overcome challenges with phone shoppers using NFDA’s Four-Step Process.
This NFDA Online Course helps funeral service professionals closely examine their phone answering protocol and learn best practices for building structure into the discussion, incorporating customer service ideas, and exceeding the customer’s expectations. This industry-acclaimed crash course will give the learner the knowledge to transform a basic phone inquiry into a valuable exploratory phone discussion. Robinson will walk through a very simple, four-step process designed to help funeral directors, pre-arrangement counselors, and administrative staff be more effective in responding to funeral home phone inquiries.
After completing this online course, you will be better able to:
- 1. Give a positive first impression every time you communicate the value of celebrating one’s life.
- 2. Ask client families key discovery questions while conveying empathy.
- 3. Hone your telephone etiquette skills and understand the caller’s perspective.
- 4. Know the simple four-step phone shopper process appropriate for staff members at all levels.
- 5. Provide accurate training to administrative team on how to communicate the next steps for the family.
The content of this National Funeral Directors Association (NFDA) course, and the opinions and recommendations contained therein, in no way represent or reflect the views or policies of the National Funeral Directors Association. The offering of this course by the National Funeral Directors Association does not constitute approval or an endorsement of the content, opinions or recommendations contained in the course.